Could I be classified as a travel accessory hoarder? Possibly ; ) It all depends on your personal definition of what classifies as a travel essential. I have written a couple of these posts before – if you’ve read them, you’ll know that I take my onboard comfort seriously. Along with bringing along my water and drinking at least 1 litre per every 12 hour stretch, I always sanitize my hands after going to the bathroom with tea tree or some sort of natural hand anti-bacterial solution to cut out germ spread. If I really want to minimize jet-lag, I don’t drink any alcohol on the plane ( even though, having a couple of those little bottles of red and then watching movies whilst either laughing loudly or outwardly weeping is one of my favourite past times – ’ cause: all the feels ; ) ). They say one drink on the ground is worth two in the air, so that explains a lot about feeling like a dog’s breakfast if I imbibe too much. I also don’t eat any reheated plane food if I fly economy because usually it is full of preservatives which make me feel tired once I reach the other end ( even though once in a while; the stodgy lasagna with wine is soooo good). It all depends on if I’m flying for work, where a day of crippling jet-lag isn’t an option or if I’m going on holidays where it doesn’t matter, but as a rule, I try to eat a big, healthy meal before I leave, then take with me a whole bag of snacks such as fruit, cut up veg, nuts, turkey or beef jerkey, kale chips, popcorn and dried seaweed. If I am doing a 24 hour flight, I will eat on my stopover- most airports these days have some healthy options like a salad, stir fry or grilled fish. I also bring along melatonin and try to sleep on my destination’s timeline– this greatly aids recovery time. 5grams of vitamin C, magnesium, Armaforce and vitamin b complex are a complete must – cause getting the dreaded cold is the pits.
As far as my current favourite cosmetics and accessories, aka: the fun stuff, read on!
From back to front:
- My TDE carry on bag is big enough to carry everything I need, whether it’s for a weekend getaway or stop over. In black leather with gold monogram it’s all about understated cool
- This Gucci tote has become my go to beach, city and travel bag . I keep all my documents , wallet and cosmetics in there so I can reach them fast
- A Neo-preen pouch is great for all my essentials. I use it for cosmetics or sometimes to store fragile things like my camera. I love how roomy it is
- Hourglass foundation and concealer in one hides a multitude of sins
- I’m really into natural skin care and this Sukin hand and nail cream is deeply moisturising
- Lepaar lip balm and face oil are another example of beautiful ,organic ingredients that truly work. This combo is so incredibly luxurious, it’s such a treat to use
- Charlotte Tilbury beach stick in Moonbeach adds just the right amount of pink so I look fresh on arrival
- Grown Alchemist : Hydra-Mist Desert Lime& Amino Peptide : a yummy smelling all natural face mist for those parched plane moments
- Ayu perfume: a blend of rose, jasmine, musk and sandalwood in a base of jojoba and traditional Ayurvedic herbs, this beautiful smelling oil is a deliciously natural blend of scents
- Elizabeth and James Nirvana– banish oily locks and arrive at your destination sporting great hair with this travel sized dry shampoo
- Iphone with TDE custom cover : shuddup they now do handwriting?
- Last but not least; my Silk Slip eye mask for sweet dreams