Long, hot summers call for sun kissed make up , minimal prep and maximum performance. Our pores open as the largest breathing organ , the skin , attempts to cool itself down. It’s not a time to slap on thick foundation or block the pores with toxins… but that party beckons and those dark circles and sallow cheeks don’t spell FUN. What to do? Reach for the new crop of high performing all natural products. It’s a summer beauty detox that not just looks good but is great for your skin and kind to the environment.
Clockwise from left:
1. Invisible Zinc‘s Tinted Daywear is a high protection 30+ sunscreen with a hint of colour . Utilising only non- toxic zinc to protect the face (titanium dioxide has cancer forming properties), along with a host of natural ingredients – this product adds a healthy glow while protecting from the sun. Perfect for everyday use.
2. UNE cosmetics is a new brand that I’ve gone a little crazy over. First discovered at London’s outpost of Wholefoods , Une utilises the BB cream technology in some of their products while keeping the natural ingredients at 99% and over. This product called Skin Echo concealer is light and moisturising while providing medium cover up. Perfect for the day, as concealer over tinted moisturiser on under eye circles and minor blemishes.
3. Another stellar product from the UNE range, the Intuitive touch BB cream foundation promises to unify, smooth, boost radiance, correct, provide 8hr moisture ,rebalance and protect all while using 100% natural ingredients, some of which from organic farming. Why I love it? Whilst in Paris for fashion week , this product was a life saver. Quick to apply it went on smooth and turned powdery soft. Not only that but it layered up to cover any trace of lack of sleep and exhaustion. Perfect for the night, when you want awesome coverage and an even, made up look.
4. UNE‘s Eye Brow Pencils come in great shades that compliment most haircolours. Their light brown pencil is unbeatably natural for blonds. Great for filling in brows to create a more unified look.
5. Lavera‘s Intense Volumizing mascara in Black pumps up lashes with an intense coat of black all whilst staying utterly 100% natural . Perfect for the night.
6. One of my favourite mascaras of all times is Lavera’s Volume Mascara in Brown. This formula utilises jojoba oil and wild rose to keep lashes smooth and moisturised. It’s great for everyday use, when all you are looking for is a little definition without looking made up. Lavera products are available at most organic food stores.
7. This awesome mineral based bronzer by Natio not only allows the skin to breathe, but it’s great colour and subtle shimmer make it one of the best bronzers I have ever tried. For realz.
8. Apply the bronzer with Eco Tool‘s Bamboo Finishing Kabuki brush. It’s incredibly soft while being cruelty free !
9. Say Yes To Carrots Colour Balm moisturises with Vitamin E, Jojoba and Sunflower oils while providing a slick of colour. 99% natural and totally affordable this lip balm is the bomb.
10. Here in Australia we are crazy about our paw paw balms. But beware! Not all are as good as they sound. The most popular formula is based on toxic petrochemicals. Not Suvana’s Paw Paw and Honey certified organic lip balm. Also utilising Cocoa Butter and Vitamin E, this formula is good enough to eat and is handy for any occasion requiring intense moisturising. A real purse keeper.
11. Butter London has dollops of cool summer colours all the while staying free from toxic chemicals (yes your nails are porous too!). Great for quick selfie manicures to match your bikini.
12. Atop of a Missoni bathrobe
Shot at The Racha hotel